Tapping vehicle is a part of HMR Hydeq’s tapping system. HMR’s tapping vehicles can tap, weigh, treat, transport and discharge liquid aluminum.
Efficient Metal Flow
The driver controls the operations from a comfortable and air conditioned cab with high ergonomic standard. Liquid metal remains in a closed crucible during the entire process to minimize oxidation and ensure safe tapping and transport operation. Tapping vehicle can release and retrieve a fully loaded crucible without the aid of other equipment. By means of the weighing, system stops automatically when the ordered amount of metal is tapped. The vehicle is equipped with hydraulic suspension on all wheels, and an onboard compressor to create vacuum and pressure in the crucible.
- Only one machine instead of overhead cranes, transporters, additional weighing systems, etc.
- Minimized temperature loss, which provides energy savings in the smelting process
- Minimized metal spill and oxidation – less metal loss
- Minimized tapped and delivered dross
- High safety standards on all stages of the operation
- One operator only
HMR presently designs tapping vehicles with capacities from 4,000 to 11,000 kgs liquid metal.
Soon Industry 4.0 og autonomi will drive our design toward remote controlled equipment. Take a contact to discuss a solution specially for you.